Sunday, September 16, 2012

Yeesh!

Apparently I need a reminder or something...

Seriously... how do people find crap to talk about every single day they do a blog?
I'm of the mindset that if I have nothing to report... you don't want to come to the blog just too see me say 'Erm... nothing to report'... THAT would be lame.

That said,  I (finally) have a little to report...
Sorta...

Got the white glue coats on the following pieces:
- chest
- upper forearm (2)
- lower forearm (2)
- upper arm (2)
- abs/torso
- cod
- hip pod (2)
- hand plate (2)
- upper shoulder (2)
- lower shoulder (2)

The thighs are 90% complete in terms of foam and hot glue... they will then undergo the white glue undercoat before I urethane THEM as I will be (likely) urethaning the above pieces tomorrow.
ALl but the abs, at any rate... for some reason, I decided to assemble them BEFORE I solidified them... so the glue application has been - to say the least - interesting...

Does this outfit make me look fat?
Still have the shins, boots and back to do with the thicker foam... I should be able to accomplish them (at very least the shins) by the end of next week.
I'm going to then tackle the gloves with some slightly-thinner craft foam I picked up at Michael's (it's a chain store for crafting people - mostly nick-knacks and hobby stuff, but occasionally I can find suff of use to me)

I met a guy on Facebook from Toronto who did the foam pattern from the MkVI suit and then hotglued sheet metal (he says 1/16") cut into identical slices right onto the foam.
I have to admit, I'm sorely tempted. He says it (the whole suit) weighs around 20 lbs.
I can live with that... it won't get done for Hallowe'en this year, but I'm thinking I'll do it for convention season 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment